The Examination and Comparison of Recreational Sports Centers With Regard to Quality of Service
The goal of this study is to analyses private sports centers offering recreational activities in the cities of Izmir and Manisa (Turkey) according to the opinions of voluntary members and compare them based on several variables. The "Service Quality Assessment Scale" developed by Lam and adapted to Turkish with a validity and reliability procedure was used as a data collection tool in the current study. The study was carried out with 527 people including 177 women and 350 men. In the analyses, descriptive statistics were used in the distribution of the demographic data and service quality satisfaction scores of the participants, and the independent t-test and one-way variance analysis (ANOVA) were utilized to determine if the demographic data led to any significant statistical difference in the service quality satisfaction scores. Significance level was taken as p<0.05 and confidence interval was accepted as 95%. According to the findings of the study, the average difference values of the participants (service quality satisfaction scores) were determined to be in the negative direction in all the related dimensions (perceived service quality-expected service quality). It was found that the service quality satisfaction scores of the participants from Manisa in all the dimensions except for the personnel dimension were lower than the scores of the participants from Izmir. Compared with male participants, the personnel satisfaction scores of female participants were found to be lower. Those whose monthly income was 1000 TL or lower perceived sports center services of changing rooms and facilities to be insufficient compared with those whose monthly income was between 1001 and 2000 TL or between 2001 and 4000 TL.
2. YILDIZ, S. (2009). Katılıma dayalı spor hizmetlerinde hizmet kalitesi modelleri. Ege Akademik Bakış, 9(4): 1213-1224.
3. GÜMÜŞOĞLU, Ş.; PINAR, İ.; AKAN, P. & AKBABA, A. (2006). Hizmet kalitesi, kavramlar, yaklaşımlar ve uygulamalar (12th ed.). Ankara, Detay Yayıncılık.
4. KOTLER, P. (1997). Marketing management (9th ed.). New Jersey, Prentice Hall International Ltd.
5. ÖZTÜRK, A. (2007). Hizmet pazarlaması (7th ed.). Eskişehir, Ekin Basım Yayın Dağıtım.
6. TOPCU N. (2005). Toplam kalite yönetimi ve faaliyete dayalı maliyetleme yöntemi. Ekev Akademi Dergisi. 9(24): 281-294.
7. ERKILIÇ, T.A. (2007). Toplam kalite yönetimi ilkelerinin yönetim yaklaşımları bağlamında tartışılması. GAU J. Soc. And Appl, Sci, 2(4): 50-62.
8. HAN, S.L. & BAEK, S. (2004). Antecedents and consequences of service quality in online banking: an application of the servqual instrument. Advances in Consumer Research, 31(1): 208-214.
9. YÜCEL, M. (2013). Toplam hizmet kalitesinin SERVQUAL analizi ile ölçümü: bankacılık sektöründe bir araştırma. Elektronik Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi. 12(44): 82-106.
10. BENJAMIN, S. & KAREN, M.H. (1997). Lessons learned about service quality what it is, how to manage it, and how to become a service quality organization. Consulting Psychology Journal, 49(1): 35-50.
11. KOTLER, P. & Keller, K.L. (2007). A framework for marketing management (3rd ed.). New Jersey, Printece Hall, Upper Saddle River.
12. LOVELOCK, C.H. & JOCHEN, W. (2007). Services marketing: people, technology, sStrategy (5th ed.). New Jersey, Prentice Hall.
13. PARASURAMAN, A., ZEITHAML, V.A. & Berry, L.L. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. Journal of Marketing, 49 (4), 41–50.
14. PRAKASH, A. & MOHANTY, R.P. (2013). Understanding service quality. Production Planning & Control, 24(12): 1050-1065.
15. DEĞERMEN H.A. (2006). Hizmet ürünlerinde kalite, müşteri tatmini ve sadakati. (1st ed.). İstanbul, Türkmen Kitapevi.
16. EDWARDSSON, B. (1998). Service quality improvement. Managing Service Quality. 8(2): 142-149.
17. TEAS, R.K. (1993). Consumer expectations and the measurement of perceived service quality. Journal of Professional Service Marketing, 8(2): 33-54.
18. ZEITHAML, V.A., BERRY, L. L., & PARASURAMAN, A. (1996). The behavioral consequences of service quality. Journal Marketing, 60(4): 31-46.
19. ÇİMEN, Z. (2003). Spor hizmetlerinde toplam kalite standartları. İstanbul Üniversitesi Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, 11(3): 13-17.
20. ÇİMEN, Z. & GÜRBÜZ, B. (2007). Spor hizmetlerinde toplam kalite yönetimi (1st ed.). Ankara, Alp Yayınevi.
21. PAPADIMITROU, D.A. & KARTEROLIOTIS, K. (2000). The service quality expectations in private sport and fitness centers: a reexamination of the factor structure. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 9(3): 157-164.
22. PARK, S. & KIM, Y.M. (2000). Conceptualizing and measuring the attitudinal loyalty construct in recreational sport contexts. Lournal of Sport Management, 14(3): 197-207.
23. TSITSKARI, E., TSIOTRAS, D., & Tsiotras, G. (2006). Measuring service quality in sport services. Total Quality Management, 17(5): 623-631.
24. KARASAR, N. (2007). Bilimsel araştırma yöntemi (17th ed.). Ankara, Nobel Yayın Dağıtım.
25. GÜRBÜZ, B. (2003). ‘Reliability and validity of the turkish versiton of the service quality assesment scale’. Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Ortadoğu Teknik Üniversitesi.
26. LAM, E.T.C. (2000). ‘Service quality assesment scale (sqas) : an instrument for evaluating service quality of health-fitness clubs’. Unpublished PhD Thesis, Houston University.
27. MULLIN, B.J.; HARDY, S. & SUTTON, W.A. (2000). Sport marketing (2th ed.). Campaig, IL:Human Kinetics.
28. BRADY, M.K. & CRONIN, J.J. (2001). Some new thoughts on conceptualizing perceived service quality: a hierarchical approach. Journal of Marketing, 65(3): 34-49.
29. CHELLADURAI, P. & CHANG, K. (2000). Targets and standarts of quality in sport services. Sport Management Review, 3(1): 1-22.
30. YÜZGENÇ, A.A. (2010). ‘Yerel yönetimlerin sunduğu spor hizmetlerinde hizmet kalitesi (Ankara ili örneği)’. Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Gazi Üniversitesi, Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Ankara.
31. ARDIÇ, K. YÜKSEL, F. & ÇEVİK, O. (2004). Belediyelerde hizmet kalitesinin (vatandaş tatmininin) Öölçülmesi (Tokat belediyesinde bir uygulama). Çağdaş Yerel Yönetimler Dergisi, 13(3): 63-81.
32. CEYHUN, S. (2006). ‘Spor işletmelerinde hizmet kalitesi’, Doktora Tezi, Gazi Üniversitesi, Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Ankara.
33. KURTOĞLU, T. (2006). ‘Halkın yerel yönetimlerden spor hizmetleri konusunda beklentileri (Mersin örneği)’. Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Mersin Üniversitesi, Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Mersin.
34. BOZ, C. (2007). ‘Yerel yönetimlerin spor tesislerinde toplam kalite yönetimi uygulamaları (İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi örneği)’, Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Marmara Üniversitesi Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, İstanbul.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.