The performance analysis of Islamic republic of Iran broadcasting (IRIB) in comparison with foreign selected channels in the field of sports
The purpose of this study was to analyze the performance of Islamic republic of Iran broadcasting (IRIB) in comparison with foreign selected channels in the field of sports. The methodology of the present study is descriptive in terms of strategy and content analysis in terms of method. The statistical population of the study includes all channels that are involved in production of sport programs inside and outside of the country. Two non-sport channels and two sport channels that covered night and day sport events were selected as the samples of the study. The Tv3 channel and Sport Channel from Iran and ZDF and Ray Sport 1 channel from Germany have been selected as the samples for the test. The instrument used for data collection in this study was coded sheet used for analyzing the content of the programs broadcasting by these channels. Face and content validity of coded sheet confirmed by three experts and its reliability confirmed by agreement coefficient of Scott π (0/86). The results of the study showed that different TV channels in terms of content, function and coverage of sport programs are different based on functional roles. Therefore, broadcasting organization must develop comprehensive and codified programming for broadcasting sport programs and its coverage.
2. Arbabi, Mahmoud; Dehim, Angel (2014). "Conductor on TV". Tehran, Publication of Broadcasting Organization University.
3. Asayesh, L., Karkon, H., (2013), "The Challenges of Athletics in Iran: A Delphi Study", European Journal of Experiment Biology, 3(6) 6672. (Persian)
4. Ashraf Nazari, Ali; Hasanpour, Ali; Gravand, Ayub (2015). "Broadcasting Organization and Representation of Culture and Identity in the Islamic Republic of Iran". National Geographic Quarterly; 64, 16th, No. 4, pp. 22-40.
5. Bigdlu, Mehdi; Bagheri, Abdolreza. (2013). "The Relationship of National Solidarity with the Function of the Social Communication of Television in the Islamic Republic of Iran (From the Viewpoint of Internal Ministry Experts)". National Geographic Quarterly; 54, 14, No. 2, pp. 121-144.
6. Carillom, C. Crumley, J. Thieringer, K. Jeffrey,S. (2012)." The Walt Disney Company A Corporate Strategy Analysis". Harrison at the Robins School of Business University of Richmond.
7. Chris, E Berg (2015). "Research Methods in Health, Physical Education, Sport Sciences and Entertainments". Translation: Behrouz Abdoli, Nasour Ahmadi, Elham Azimzadeh, Third Edition, Science & Motion Publishing.
8. Ghasemi, Hamid; Kashkar, Sara (2012). "Socio-cultural Basics of Exercise". Sports publication, 1st edition.
9. Ghasemi, Hamid; Mozaffari, Amir Ahmad; Amirtash, Ali Mohammad (2007). "Development of Sport through Television in Iran." Research in Sport Sciences, No. 17, p. 131-148.
10. Ghasemi, Hamid; Tojari, Farshad; Kashkar, Sara (2010). "Media Activities in Sport". Bamdad Book, 2nd Edition.
11. Hassan,A. Danyal, M. (2013)." Impact of Television Programs and Advertisements on School Going Adolescents: a Case Study of Bahawalpur City, PAKISTAN" Bulgarian Journal of Science and Education Policy (BJSEP), Volume 7, Number 1, pp: 26-37
12. Hwang, Y. Lim, J, S. (2015) "The impact of engagement motives for social TV on social Presence and sports channel commitment". Telematics and Informatics (32) Pp: 755–765
13. Imani, Javid; Najaf Beigi, Reza; Gholipour, Arian; Cultural, Ali Akbar. (2013). "Institutional Management via Television". Media Studies, Eighth, No. 23, pp. 129-144.
14. Kashkar, Sara, Ghasemi, Hamid, Nazari, Alireza (2014). "Studying loyalty of football fans and the role of television in strengthening it". Sports Management and Motor Behavioral Research, Vol. 10, No. 19, pp. 111-124.
15. Mozafari, Ahmad Amir; Elahi, Alireza; Abbasi; Shahamat; Ahadpour; Hengame; Rezaei; Zain-al Abedin (2012). "Strategies for the Development of Iran's Championship Sports System". Sports Management Studies No. 13.
16. Paknejad, Mohsen; Dorani, Kamal. (2008). "The aggressive behaviors of soccer fans and its psychological and social causes." Learning and Developmental Movement-Sport, No. 3, pp. 117-142.
17. Rezai Sufi, Morteza; Shabani, Abbas (2014). "The Impact of the Media on the Country's Sports Structure". Communication Management in Sports Media, First Year, No. 4, pp. 61-67.
18. Sadeghi, Reza, Safania, Ali Mohammad, Ghasemi, Hamid (2015). "Analysis of the Structure of Programs and Functional Roles of Selected Sports Television Networks and the Iranian Sports Network and Conceptual Framework". Doctoral dissertation, Shomal University.
19. Samiee Nia, Mona; Peymanizadeh, Hossein, Javadipour, Mohammad (2013). "Strategic Pathology of Public Sports in Iran and Development Solutions Based on the" SWOT Model ". Sports Management Studies No. 20, pp. 221-238.
20. Singh, D. (2014). "Impacts of Scary Television Programs on children Psychology, Attitude and Behavior". New Media and Mass Communication. Vol.23. pp: 5-7
21. The Guide for the Organization of Islamic Azad University of IRAN (2013). Sorush Publishing. Deputy planning and monitoring.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.